With our new Service Portal, we improved the development process for services further. The biggest change you will notice is, that we condensed the repositories to one per application, and not one for each application version as before.
This comes with the downside: you will have to create a new application (append “New” in the name) in the service portal if you want to publish a new version of your application. We will support you with this step, so the migration goes as smooth as possible for you and your customers. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to update your app, so we can prepare the necessary changes including the unpublish & rename of your old and new application.
We added a ton of new features in the service portal to make development and managing applications easier:
Application versions are created from git branches or git tags now. If you create a branch or tag with a semantic version number in it (e.g.
git checkout -b release_v1.0.0or
git tag v1.0.0), push it (
git push --tags), Calponia will recognize it and you can publish the version from that on the Service Portal / Marketplace page.
- Split push, build & start to make the development process faster and safer (commit often, do backups/push). You will have to build the docker images on the Service Portal / Sandbox page before you can start it.
- Application manifests to request additional permissions for the application - see link to other entry.
- Application version drafts support the collaboration between developer and manager.
- Imprint and privacy notes for applications to provide your specific legal requirements
- Application contact fields for the customers and for us.
- Application Development Guidelines clarify the requirements for publishing applications on Calponia.
- Application availability can be edited after approval. This requires that your application complies with our guidelines at any stage of development.
- Sandbox applications are now restricted in permissions